The aesthetic use of Botox® Cosmetic started in the late 80’s and since has grown exponentially in the world of cosmetic surgery.
Born from medical use for decades, Botulinum toxin is a purified neurotoxin protein that is strategically injected via very small needles into various desired muscles areas of the face to prevent rhytide or wrinkle formation by relaxing the muscles.
Visible results of Botox® Cosmetic are typically noted around 5 to 7 days post injection but the average patient will report full visible results around 10 days. It may take up to two weeks for Botox® to fully take effect. We often suggest a follow-up visit at that time if need be. Botox® is FDA approved for the glabellar (between the brows or the 11’s) as well as the crow’s feet area (around the eyes).
Furthermore, Botox® has been widely used for decades for different areas that are as effective, safe and extremely popular among the devotees of this treatment such as some of the following areas listed below:
Forehead: Forehead lift
Upper lip: Smoker’s lines
Bunny lines: Bridge of the nose
Mandibles: Bruxism treatment or to soften the jawline
Platysmal bands: Tightening of the neck bands
Tip of the nose: To lift the tip
Hyperhydrosis: Excessive sweat
Botox® is a remarkable product for its diversity, effectiveness and trustworthiness. Choosing the right physician to inject you is key to the success and durability of the treatment. Dr. Sarmela Sunder prides herself in her extensive training that gives her the confidence in delivering amazing natural results to her patients.
Real facts about Botox®
- Lasts 3 to 4 months
- Constancy is part of ongoing successful treatment to prevent formation of rhytides (wrinkles).
- We recommend not lying down for 4 hours or exercising for 24 hours post injection just as a precautionary measure.
- The treatment takes only a few minute
- There is no downtime
- Most patient consider this treatment to be painless
- The average cost for Botox® treatment is around $300
- You should discontinue any type of blood thinning product a few days prior to your appointment
Some myths about Botox®
- “Botox® can give me botulism”. False! Botulinum toxin comes from the bacteria that cause botulism food poisoning and spreads. Botox is a purified protein derived from botulinum toxin that stays at the site of injection.
- “Botox® will freeze my face and will be expressionless”. False! Dr. Sarmela Sunder’s has a natural aesthetics and will provide you with natural yet effective results.
- “Botox® is not a safe drug”. False! Botox® has been FDA approved for cosmetic purposes since 2002 along with 78 other countries and millions of people are using it effectively and safely every single day.
- “Botox® can treat all sorts of wrinkles”. False! Botox® can only treat fine lines and wrinkles that form when we express ourselves. That is what we call dynamic wrinkles, the one that appears when we smile, laugh and cry…Deeper line may improve in their appearance and smooth out with continuous treatment.
Make your Botox® treatment an even more rewarding experience by joining Brilliant Distinctions Program by earning exclusive rewards, bonuses and discounts throughout your facial aesthetic journey.