Juvéderm Voluma®XC is the first and only FDA approved injectable gel to instantly add volume to the cheeks area in order to correct volume loss or augment. It will create a subtle lift while contouring the mid face area for up to two years with optimal suggested treatment course by Dr. Sarmela Sunder. It is a part of the dermal filler family. Dermal fillers are widely used to correct and smooth out deeper lines and wrinkles referred as static rhytides (wrinkles). Those are permanently visible. Here are the most commonly found static wrinkles:
- Horizontal lines across the forehead
- Very deep frown line (also known as the “thinker’s lines)
- Nasolabial Fold (deep lines from your nose to the corner of your mouth)
- Marionette lines (lines from the corner of your mouth to the chin)
- Smoker’s line (lips area)
Juvéderm Voluma®XC is revolutionary and has been available in the US since December 2013. It is among our top favorite treatment for non-surgical options especially given its instant gratification. Juvéderm Voluma®XC is a condensed hyaluronic acid gel with lidocaine incorporated into the syringe for maximum comfort during your visit. Dr. Sarmela Sunder is an expert injector and was among the first doctors across the US to offer the treatment. Hyaluronic acid is a natural substance found in our body. High concentrations are found in soft connective tissues. It’s also found in some cartilage and joint fluids, as well as skin tissue. Synthetic forms are now manufactured for use in facial rejuvenation and have become one of the most popular kinds of injectable fillers.
Real Fact about Juvéderm Voluma®XC
- Last up to two years
- Lidocaine is already incorporated into the syringe for maximum comfort
- The product can be dissolved
- Offers subtle facial lift
- Can be used to restore and or augment facial volume loss
- Average cost for a patient treated with multiple syringes for full correction is around $2500
- May cause slight swelling and bruising for a few days, we recommend taking arnica prior to your injection for a few days
- The overall treatment takes about 15 to 20 minutes
- We recommend that you do not to exercise for the first 24 to 48 hours as a precautionary measure for unnecessary swelling
- Average patient reports mild discomfort during treatment only and mild soreness post injection
- Most patients will be treated with one session
- Instant natural looking results
Myths about Juvéderm Voluma®XC
- “Juvéderm Voluma®XC is permanent”. False! It will last up to two years and is dissolvable.
- “Juvéderm Voluma®XC is derived from an animal (bovine) product”. False! It is synthetic hyaluronic acid. A natural component found in our body
- “Juvéderm Voluma®XC is great for my lips”. False! This condensed hyaluronic acid is too thick for lips, fine lines and wrinkles such as the smoker’s lines.
Make your Juvéderm Voluma®XC treatment an even more rewarding experience by joining Brilliant Distinctions Program by earning exclusive rewards, bonuses and discounts throughout your facial aesthetic journey.