As we age, our face gradually loses its youthful fullness. Without its former scaffolding, the skin starts to sag and sink, creating folds around the mouth and hollowness under the eyes and cheeks. Juvéderm®XC offers a fast and simple way to restore volume and elasticity to aging skin. Juvéderm® XC is an injectable filler made of hyaluronic acid, a naturally occurring substance that helps maintain the body’s eyes, joints and skin. In a gel form, Juvéderm® XC flows easily into the skin, creating a smooth, natural look and feel. Juvéderm® XC was approved in June 2006 by the U.S.
FDA to reduce and soften nasolabial folds, or “smile lines,” deep folds which run from the corners of the nose to the corners of the mouth. It is also widely used as a lip augmentation agent, and to fill in hollow places and scars on the face along with marionette lines (deep folds from the corner of the mouth to chin).
All hyaluronic acid facial filler products are eventually absorbed by the body slowly. The average patient will experience a long-lasting result for up to 9 months. Juvéderm®XC is among the most popular dermal filler in Dr. Sarmela Sunder’s practice. Dr. Sunder is a master injector safely providing her patients the most natural look. Juvéderm®XC as a great reputation for its predictability, safety and effectiveness. Juvéderm® XC works well for cosmetic and plastic surgery applications because hyaluronic acid can absorb up to 1,000 times its own weight in water, thereby adding new volume under the surface of sagging skin. Hyaluronic acid is known to bind with collagen, the material that supports human facial skin, and elastin to move more basic nutrients into the skin.
Real facts about Juvéderm® XC
- Last up to 12 months
- Lidocaine is incorporated into the syringe for maximum comfort
- The treatment only takes a short office visit
- May cause some mild swelling and bruising. we recommend taking arnica prior to your injection
- We recommend that you do not exercise the first 24 hours
- Average patient reports mild discomfort during treatment only and mild soreness post injection
- The average cost is $650
- The product can be dissolved
Myths about Juvéderm®XC
- “Juvéderm®XC is effective only after multiple treatments”. False! You will notice positive instant results with a single procedure. However depending on the severity of wrinkles, some people will require additional treatments and or multiple syringes for optimum results.
- “Juvéderm®XC can be administered by an esthetician”. False! Only trained, skilled, certified healthcare providers like Dr. Sarmela Sunder can.
- “Juvéderm®XC is painful”. False! The average patient will report very mild discomfort and always remember that is lies in the skill of the injector. Dr. Sarmela Sunder is known for her gentleness and for going above and beyond providing her patients the least discomfort.
Make your Juvéderm®XC treatment an even more rewarding experience by joining Brilliant Distinctions Program by earning exclusive rewards, bonuses and discounts throughout your facial aesthetic journey.