Sometimes people avoid cosmetic procedures because they’re afraid they’ll look like they’ve had one.
They may be scared of looking unnatural or unlike themselves. Or they may feel uncomfortable with the attention that an overnight change in their physical appearance can bring. For these patients, there is sculptra® aesthetic, a very different kind of facial injectable treatment that stimulates your own body to restore youthful fullness to your face. Whereas other fillers give immediate results, sculptra® aesthetic takes several treatments for results to gradually appear. But once they do, they look natural and can last for up to two years.
Sculptra® Aesthetic targets the deep dermis, where your skin’s structure is reinforced, to help replace lost collagen. This reinforced collagen structure provides a foundation that gradually restores fullness to your skin’s deep facial wrinkles and folds. This remarkable product is made from a synthetic material called poly-L-lactic acid, which is gradually and naturally absorbed by the body as it works to replace lost collagen. Poly-L–lactic acid has been used safely for decades in dissolvable stitches and as a facial injectable since 1999 in over 30 countries.
PLLA was approved by the US FDA back in august 2004 for the treatment of lipoatrophy (facial fat loss). The FDA initially approved this product for restoration of the signs of lipoatrophy in people afflicted with HIV, particularly for the cheeks, around the eyes and temple area. Subsequently, it was approved for non-immuno-deficient population due to its great natural results. Proper injection of PLLA or sculptra® aesthetic is pivotal in the long-term success and overall outcome of the results.
Dr. Sarmela Sunder is a very skillful injector and provides her patients incredible, long-lasting natural results. This remarkable treatment is injected into the skin in areas where fat is noticeably lost. It causes the skin to thicken via collagen neo-synthesis (collagen rebuilt), improves the appearance of folds and sunken areas, and hides the fat loss. For most people who participated in clinical studies, the effects of treatment lasted for two years.
In 2009, the US FDA approved sculptra® aesthetic for the nasolabial folds and other wrinkles areas.
Real facts about sculptra® aesthetic
- Last up to two years
- Poly-L-lactic Acid injectable form is FDA approved for lipoatrophy
- The cost greatly varies between patient, it is truly a custom based treatment recommendation, cost per vial is typically around $975
- The results are gradual
- The average patient reports minimal to moderate discomfort
- Treatment may induce some bruising and swelling. We suggest taking arnica and discontinue any type of blood thinning product 1 week prior to your appointment
- You may not exercise the first 48 hours
- Avoid sun exposure 3 to 5 days
Myths about sculptra® aesthetic
- “sculptra® aesthetic will give me lump forever”. False! Choosing the right injector is crucial in the outcome of the treatment. Dr. Sarmela Sunder is an expert, she is a sculptra® aesthetic trained surgeon
- “sculptra® aesthetic is only injected superficially into the skin”. False! The product is injected into the deep dermis, which is the structure of your skin
- “sculptra® aesthetic is only injected once”. False! The average patient will need about three sessions with multiple vials for optimal results and full correction
Make your sculptra® aesthetic treatment an even more rewarding experience by joining ASPIRE Rewards by earning exclusive rewards, bonuses and discounts throughout your facial aesthetic journey.