XEOMIN® (incobotulinumtoxinA) is the new kid on the neuromodulator block! Also a prescription medicine that is injected into muscles and used to temporarily improve the look of moderate to severe frown lines between the eyebrows (glabellar lines) but just like its predecessors Botox® Cosmetic and Dysport®, Xeomin® is commonly used to treat other areas of the face safely and effectively. While Xeomin® remains mostly unknown due to its newness and lack of exposure, Dr. Sarmela Sunder always make sure that her practice offers a variety of treatments alike.
No all patients are created equal nor have the same needs or expectations. So what is Xeomin®? It is a highly purified neurotoxin protein derived from the same Botulinum toxin type A with a unique manufacturing process. Again, it is the way it is compounded where the difference is between Xeomin® and other like products. It is FDA approved for the glabellar lines (between the brows or frown lines) since 2010 and is currently available in 20 countries and has been administered over a million in the US and around the world. Furthermore, Xeomin® is a good alternative for patient that have sensitivities to other wrinkle reduction treatment alike since there are no additive or extra protein in the formula.
Real Facts about Xeomin®
- Visible result starts around 4 to 5 days
- It is cheaper than other neuromodulators
- It last about 3 months
- Most patient consider this treatment pain free
- No downtime
- We recommend not lying down for 4 hours or exercising for 24 hours post injection just as a precautionary measure. Why risking any potential side effects?
Myth about Xeomin®
- “Xeomin® is an off-brand of Botox®”. False! Xeomin® has its own manufacturer, Merz Pharma, the maker of Radiesse®.
- “Xeomin® is a generic form of Botox® and is not a prescription”. False! It is a prescription injection that only properly trained skilled health care provider like Dr. Sarmela Sunder can provide.