Lip filler is one of the most commonly requested cosmetic treatments. Lip filler is a type of lip augmentation typically used to increase volume in the lips and reduce lines around your mouth. This cosmetic treatment can give you fuller, plumper, more luscious lips.
What is lip filler?
There are many types of dermal fillers which can be injected in the lips or around the mouth. The most common lip fillers are products which contain substances similar to hyaluronic acid. Hyaluronic acid is naturally found in the body and will increase volume in your lips.
How does it work?
Hyaluronic acid fillers can add shape, structure, and volume to your lips in order to improve their appearance and give you the desired look you want. The gel in the filler supports and shapes the tissues of the lips. A skilled injector knows exactly where to inject and how much filler to use to achieve the desired look. At our Beverly Hills office, lip filler procedures are performed by our master injector, Dr. Sarmela Sunder.
What are the different types of lip filler?
There are several FDA approved treatments (fillers) for getting you the perfect pout you desire. I prefer to work with the following products:
- Restylane Silk
- Juvederm Ultra
- Juvederm Ultra Plus
- Juvederm Volbella
What are the benefits of hyaluronic lip filler?
- Lip Volume Control— As a skilled facial plastic surgeon I know exactly how much filler to inject and where to inject the filler so that I have full control over how much the volume in your lips will be increased.
- Gradual Pace of Treatment— Injections can be given gradually over time (multiple appointments) until the desired results are achieved.
- Bumps Dissolve Easily— Lumps and bumps after lip filler are normal but with hyaluronic acid injections at our Beverly Hills office, they can be dissolved easily.
- Less Bruising— Hyaluronic fillers often have less swelling and bruising than other dermal fillers.
- Long Lasting Results— The results are not permanent but do last six months to a year.
- Allergic Reaction Unlikely— Hyaluronic acid is naturally found in your body. Therefore an allergic reaction to a hyaluronic filler is unlikely. However, some fillers have lidocaine in them and so you should make sure to be transparent about any allergies you may have to medications.
Is it painful?
Mild discomfort can be experienced with lip injections, numbing cream, ice and other distraction tools may be used to optimize patient’s experience. Post injection, patient will have some moderate swelling that may induce pressure like feeling into the lips, this can be controlled with icing on/off the first 24 hours post injection. No discomfort is reported beyond 48 hours.
How long does it take?
Our Beverly Hills lip filler can be injected quickly and only takes a few minutes. It is an in office procedure. Before injections, a topical numbing cream may be applied, this can take about 30 minutes. You can expect to be in and out of the office within an hour.
What is the downtime after lip filler?
There is little to no downtime after your Beverly Hills lip filler procedure. You can resume normal activities the same day. However, there may be swelling and/ or bruising immediately following the procedure so if you have an event or want to hide it from someone then wait about three days following the procedure.
When will you see results?
Results are immediate. However, it is important to keep in mind that the lips swell quite a bit after injections. Therefore your actual results will be seen after about two weeks. At first your lips will be swollen and so you won’t see the final results until the swelling goes down.