Your nose is the center of your face and one of the most important facial characteristics we have as human beings. Your nose plays a huge part in determining the overall appearance and aesthetic of your face. A rhinoplasty (surgery of the nose) is an effective surgical procedure for enhancing or altering the appearance of your nose. A liquid rhinoplasty is a non-surgical nose job which is perfect for patients in Beverly Hills who do not want to have actual surgery.
WHAT IS LIQUID RHINOPLASTY?
Dr. Sunder offers this incredibly innovative service in Los Angeles and Beverly Hills. Liquid rhinoplasty is a completely non-surgical nose job. There is no cutting and no recovery time and it only takes a few minutes! Rather than undergoing surgery we simply use a dermal filler to temporarily reshape the nose via injections. The dermal fillers I work with are Restylane, Voluma, Vollure, and LYFT.
WHAT ARE THE PROS & CONS OF LIQUID RHINOPLASTY?
PROS OF LIQUID RHINOPLASTY
- Procedure takes less than 30 minutes (usually only about 10 minutes)
- The nose can be reshaped and enhanced in multiple different ways
- Ability to define dorsal lines
- Ability to make depressions in the walls of the nose appear flat
- Botox can be used to give the nose a more upward point
- Results are temporary and can be altered if desired (Restylane can be dissolved with hyaluronidase)
- The liquid rhinoplasty procedure offered in Beverly Hills is relatively painless as topical numbing cream is used prior to injection
- Mild to moderate swelling for one day; physical exercise can start the day after the procedure
- Costs significantly less than rhinoplasty surgery
- Results can last up to one year
CONS OF LIQUID NON-SURGICAL RHINOPLASTY
- Results are less dramatic compared to rhinoplasty surgery.
- Limited ability to address scooped-out bridges or pinched tips.
- Inability to address large humps on the bridge of the nose.
- Will not improve nostril retraction.
- Will not improve nasal obstruction.
- Cannot make large noses smaller.
- Nasal obstruction and skin scarring is possible if improperly injected. Make sure to find a provider with liquid rhinoplasty experience and advanced nasal anatomy knowledge.
- Final result is not permanent.
WHAT CAN BE FIXED WITH A LIQUID RHINOPLASTY?
- Mildly crooked nose can be improved, but not always completely resolved
- If your nose has visible imperfections after a previous nose job you can have this corrected with a non-surgical rhinoplasty
- Imperfections to your bridge or tip
- Visible, asymmetric tip cartilage
- A pinched tip
- High nostrils can be slightly lowered
- A wide bridge can be slightly narrowed if it’s not too high
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Filler is injected into different parts of the nose to reshape your nose and camouflage imperfections. With a liquid rhinoplasty, our Beverly Hills surgeon is only able to “add” to the nose; we are not able to take it away. Therefore we cannot make the size of your nose smaller, but in some cases we can alter the shape of it to appear smaller.
Depending on the filler used, as well as patient characteristics, the filler can last anywhere from 9 months to up to 2 years. Typically, we recommend adding a touch up at 6-9 months to ensure longevity.
IS IT PAINFUL?
Any pain levels experienced are minimal and we can provide numbing cream if requested. We also use ice and a buzzer to make the experience as comfortable as possible.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE? IS THERE DOWNTIME?
Depending on the complexity of the correction, the treatment can take anywhere from 5 minutes to 30 minutes total.
Patients may experience some swelling, redness at the injection site and some bruising following the injection. In most cases, patients are able to wear makeup fairly soon after the treatment. You can go back to your life as scheduled right after you leave the office.
WHEN CAN YOU SEE RESULTS?
Immediately! You can see the changes as I’m doing the procedure and results are instant.
While in most cases, only one treatment session is needed to achieve desired outcomes, some patients may require 1-2 treatments to achieve the intended results. In some rare occasions, I recommend a third session if I feel it is safer for patients to undergo a slower process.