If you plan to have blepharoplasty, you’ll want a highly qualified surgeon to perform the procedure. But the big question is: How do you find the best surgeon who is right for you? Where many surgeons purport to be the best in the industry, it is always important to take the necessary steps in validating a Blepharoplasty surgeon. Here are tips and guidelines important to keep in mind.
Get Personal Recommendations for Blepharoplasty
You can get a lot of information about the surgeon from your friends, family, and co-workers. They can tell you if they have had any issues with the surgeon or other aspects of his/her practice.
You should also ask your doctor if he/she has had any bad experiences with the particular Blepharoplasty surgeon. This can be very helpful in determining whether or not it’s best for you to go through with the surgery at this time.
If possible, find someone else who has had similar procedures done by this individual so that they may provide advice and insight into their experience with him/her as well as what they felt was good or bad about having those procedures done by him/her (or his team).
Be sure that whoever provides these recommendations understands what exactly needs to occur before making an informed decision. Otherwise, there could be complications later down the road due solely because no one knew beforehand how much time would need to spend recovering from such procedures!
Find Out if the Surgeon Is Board Certified
You can find out if the surgeon is board certified by visiting their website and looking up their qualifications. Board certification is a voluntary process that requires surgeons to pass a series of exams, including:
- A written examination, which tests knowledge about anatomy and dermatology as well as other topics such as cosmetic surgery techniques. The time limit for completion of this portion varies by state but typically ranges from one day to two weeks.
- A practical examination (also called “hands-on”), where candidates demonstrate their surgical skills by performing an actual procedure on patients while they watch (or “undergo”). The state in which you live may also require additional exams beyond these two components depending upon how strict its requirements are for obtaining this certification level; however, most states require candidates who want their name listed on official listing sites like Google Maps or Yelp must obtain at least one year worth of experience working in an office setting prior to taking any testings required by those sites’ guidelines.
Check Out the Surgeon’s Ratings and Reviews
- Check out the surgeon’s ratings and reviews
- Look for positive reviews
- Look for negative reviews
- Look for recent reviews from people who have had the same procedure as you.
Know the Surgeon’s Background and Experience With Blepharoplasty
Choosing a surgeon is not just about the qualifications of their medical degree and training, but also about their experience. When it comes to Blepharoplasty surgery, choosing a doctor with experience can help you feel confident about the procedure.
The best way to find out if your surgeon has extensive experience with blepharoplasties is by checking out their website or going through reviews on Google or Yelp! These are two great places where patients can review their experiences with doctors in general (and specifically surgeons).
If there are any negative reviews about this particular doctor’s work on Blepharoplasty procedures, then try contacting them directly before making any final decisions about which hospital should be used for this procedure.
See Before and After Photos of Work Done by the Surgeon
Before you choose a surgeon, it’s important to see before and after photos of work done by the surgeon. A good way to spot a fake before and after photo is by looking at the following:
- The person in the original picture has no visible scars or deformities, whereas in your new photo there pose obvious signs of surgery.
- The eyes are still open in both pictures (meaning they weren’t closed when taken). If they were closed at one point or another during surgery, then this should be mentioned during a consultation with your doctor. Then, he/she can explain why this happened.
- The teeth look natural. If they don’t look like yours anymore, this would mean something went wrong during the procedure.
Choose a Surgeon With the Most Experience, Training, and Positive Patient Reviews
To ensure that you are making the best decision possible, always choose a surgeon with the most experience, training, and positive patient reviews. The more experience your surgeon has with Blepharoplasty procedures, the better chance of success you have at obtaining results similar to those shown in these photos.
If you are looking for a new surgeon, it is important to ask them about their training and qualifications. You can also look online at other patients’ testimonials regarding their experiences with different surgeons. Thus, you can get an idea of what kind of care they provide before scheduling consultations or checkups!
Working with a qualified Blepharoplasty surgeon makes a difference because you will get the best available for the procedure. So, if you are looking for ways to take better care of your skin, reach out to us and schedule a consultation.